Wed. - I met up with Brandon and Bradley at Duncan Park and we were going to try to get in 30 from there on a route that I had put together on Mapmyride.com. This route was going to take us out the back of Duncan park, out through the country and over to Camp Croft. From there we were going to ride through the park come out the other side and on to the east side of the town and the Fernwood Glendale. There was only one problem that came from this. You cant ride straight through the Camp Croft and come out the other side. There are two seperate roads that go towards the middle of the park but they really come no where near connecting. Mapmyride.com (which runs on google maps) I guess assumes they connect. What happened was we had already climbed at least 1 pretty large hill within the first half of the ride. We take the turn onto this road that was blocked off to cars and go down a hill for a long time. Through several switchbacks and hairpin turns. At the bottom we climbed a monster hill to find the dead end.... Which means the monster hill we just came down we had to go back out of. Now at 20 miles into the ride and 2 large hills into the ride the legs really burned heading back up the switch back turns. Brandon and Bradley both were much better than I was on this hill and had to wait up for me at the top. I just have no climbing legs yet especially on hills where I have no momentum and I am required to get into my last gear. We worked our way back to the park. I ended up with 27 for the day. Brandon and Bradley rode from their house and was probably closer to 33. Good ride for a Wednesday.
Sunday - Went to early service with Beth before she had work. Got out on the bike at about 12:45 with Eric and Brandon with the hope to do a 39.25 mile out and back from my house to Beths parents house and back. We went out that way but missed a turn still coming in at 19.5 at her parents house. Basically followed Blackstock out to Country Club Rd where the Carolina Country Club is then over to the School for the Deaf and blind area where they live. From there Brandon suggested we take another way back. We went out past Mary Black Hospital and out past my old apartments out through the corn fields and worked our way back around the outskirts of the Boiling Springs area and back to my house. 42 miles was the final distance at 17 miles an hour for the average. Great ride! My best so far. I felt really strong through about 35 miles. Some fatigue set in those last few miles but I was alright. At one point we were really clicking it along with Eric pulling us for a long stretch probably around the 30 mile mark and that felt great. I think at this point Eric is a much better rider than Brandon and I. However I tend to be pretty good on the straights and the rolling hills. Brandon is tough on the hills. We make a good team the 3 of us. All fairly close I think.
End of the week - 3 miles running 69 miles riding. ( I like the riding miles, need to get another run in per week)
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment