Day 1 is Monday April 6. I went to the USC Upstate Wellness Center for a jog on the treadmill. For some reason my finger got stuck on the speed button a little too long. See my mind remembers when I was a fast runner.... I think the legs and lungs forgot about those times years ago. Nevertheless my workout went like this.
1st mile in 7:03. Not bad if I must say so myself, but my legs are screaming! And thank God I had headphones on so I couldnt hear my breathing. I took a short break with brisk walk for a tenth of a mile. Then I ran 4 tenths of a mile at 7:03 pace again, walked for another tenth. Then ran another 4 tenths at 7:03 pace, the walked another tenth. I checked my heart rate after that one I believe and it had surely come down some when I was walking but was still at 190. Thats really high, the kinda thing you only want during sprint workouts when running. I finished with a mile at like 8:40 pace I think. A good run, but 3 miles with breaks is all I had in me.
Day 2 was Thursday April 9. I didnt mean to take that many days off, but a long night on Tuesday night set me back a few days... I was suppose to run with Bradley at Miliken but he chickened out with the rain. I use to like a good run in the rain so I thought I would try it again tonight. Little did I know that rain was going to turn into a full blown thunderstorm. Still I really enjoyed it and I made it 3 miles exactly around Miliken without stopping at a decent pace. Its a starting place and I am happy with it.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You gotta start somewhere!! Having a goal race in mind is a great way to keep you going. i look forward to watching your progress. I hit the 200 lb mark myself in college, you can do it!
ReplyDeleteTravis - although I'd like to see you on the bike (my personal bias), I'll be checking this. Think of the paris mountain tai-and-i out and back we did that one day. I was wearing a long sleeve green shirt. I think I celebrated over a mile out up a hill, arms up in the air...
ReplyDeletemg