Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Beginning

A few weeks ago I stepped on the scales to notice I had hit an all time high in weight. 210. That coupled with the feeling that I am finally ready to get back into some kind of shape has led me to the journey I am starting now.

I still like to talk about my former running days. How I was tough and focused, but that is just not who I am anymore. I still think I am tough but what do I have that can prove that. I still think I am capable of being focused but I am not sure that I have had any real goals of any kind in some time. Thats why last week I sent out an email to a good number of my friends admitting that I need to get back in shape and giving an ultimate goal of November 13, 2010 at the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon and its half marathon race as the destination.

So the purpose of this blog is to keep myself motivated and on track while putting another means of accountability out there. I plan to update it as I progress maybe even daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment